Monday, October 5, 2009

Staying Clean At The Office

OK, so biking all that way is a messy job. I am one of those sad people that runs incredibly hot. Literally. I really and truly start sweating just sitting in an ari conditioned car. It's kinda gross. So biking 17 miles does a number on my personal hygiene. Here at the shop, we do not have a shower. Granted, we have a hose bib for a washing machine and a big in-floor drain. But these are kind of in the middle of the repair area. I'm fairly certain that me showering back there is a violation of a few health codes.
To solve this issue, I keep wet wipes, Gold Bond, a towel, and a stick of deodorant here. It gets the job done.
I usually work for 7 hours at a time, so it's plenty of time for my clothes to dry out. I hang them up in the back, and they're ready to go when work's over. I have noticed, however, that dried sweat still has a malodorous quality to it. I'm investing in a bottle of Febreeze tonight, which should handle most of that problem.
I do carry my clothes with me each day, though. Some people leave their clothes at the office, but since I go to class each day before work, I need normal clothes anyway. I just wear my work clothes to school and then huck them in my pack while riding. I do, however, leave my shoes here. I just don't feel like lugging a pair of shoes on my back when I've already got one pair on my feet. Since I don't use clipless pedals, I don't have any problem with wearing my biking shoes as "school shoes". They're just tennis shoes, anyway. No need for fancy-dancy bike shoes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment