Monday, November 2, 2009

I hate a flogging headwind

After a two-week absence from biking, I finally got back in the saddle. My wife was on vacation, I had Scout stuff to do, our shop had a parade and shop ride to organize, yadda yadda yadda.
This morning was (almost) the perfect morning for a ride. It was 50 degrees, sunny, and clear. Of course, this being Utah, SOMETHING about the weather had to be horrible, and this morning it was the headwind. I fought it about 3/4 of the way in today. On sections where I normally cruise at 18MPH, I had to struggle just to maintain 15MPH. It even got me on the downhills, which really bit the big one. I grunted through it, though, and managed to make somewhat decent time.

Stats for this morning's ride to work:
Total Time: 1hr 18min
Total Distance: 18.41 miles
Average Speed: 13.2 MPH
Maximum Speed: 32.2 MPH

No comments:

Post a Comment